Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status

Default Now is the time to pray for our troops more than ever...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_government_shutdown

Our troops are fighting on 3 different fronts currently. Some without seeing family members in a very long time. Some giving their very lives in the name of freedom. Some do it for a job, others perhaps patriotism. For all the troops, sailors, airmen, and marines alike, we all volunteered to put ourselves in harms way to protect this nation, and the constitution.

The country is experiencing extremly troubled times now more than ever. The economy is on the verge of going down. We as military members have been asked again to do even more with less. Less resources, less personell, all while more is demanded. More responsibilities, more fronts to fight on, more deployments, longer and more difficult challenges. I have seen this change with my own eyes both when I was enlisted, and now while I am an officer.

Now, the nation may end up going a step further. Without the budget figured out, military members working and fighting around the globe may not even get paid. Thats right, we may be fighting on the front lines for no financial benefits what so ever.

If the budget is passed, everyone will be paid again and paid for all lost time as well. But until that happens, and in the mean time, military members may end up fighting for freedom for nothing.

If you know a military member, please take the time to personally thank them in these extreme times. Pray for them. Pray for better times for our leadership. Pray for the budget to get passed. Pray for a better future for the USA, because the immediate future does not look well.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

InActive Member

Status

True that sir!!! It's really not so much about the money for me, but if the goverment won't pay me why won't they cancel my debts as well? we don't get pay but we still have to pay are bills, then if we mess up our credit we get in trouble at work. I really don't get it
    95 T/A
    Moroso CAI, Grannatelli MAF, Hooker LTs, 4.10s
    14.39@103 elevation 3600' aprox

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gorge View Post
    True that sir!!! It's really not so much about the money for me, but if the goverment won't pay me why won't they cancel my debts as well? we don't get pay but we still have to pay are bills, then if we mess up our credit we get in trouble at work. I really don't get it
    It's going to be a tough time on all of us. For those of us fortunate enough to have some money stashed away, we may make it through un-scathed. However, for those on a tight budget, or who live pay-check to paycheck, some dire times may be in the near future.

One thing is for sure, I look forward to better days where our government does a better job at running the show. Sometimes just making it through day to day is enough for our troops on the lines without putting additional troubles like not getting paid on our minds as well.

Try to stay strong, and pray for the better days ahead of us. May they come quickly, and without further problems.

InActive Member

Status

I just recieved this email from the Defense Financial and Accounting Service;

"Due to the possibility of the Continuing Resolution expiring, we paid you for service performed through April 8. The debt showing on your record is for the amount due you for 9-15 April which will be paid as soon as authorization is received from Congress. We apologize for the inconvenience."

This is no joke. Looks like I will be joining the rest of my fellow members of the Department of Defense as we continue to work for free.

InActive Member

Status

No disrespect at all. I agree that its bull shit and my BEST friends are in the military, one being currentl deployed. However, you are not working for free. That clearly states that you are still owed for the 1 week of missing pay. Im sure the budget will be finalized and that will be attached to your next check.

Again, I appreciate all you guys do, deeply and I think this is bull shit, but people are making it out to be a much bigger seal than it really is at the moment.

-94 Z28 355 M6 24X E-85 21* TRICKFLOWS TH400 S60
    C5 Z06 IN ROAD RACE TRIM. COMING SOON

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Ya'll want to hear something crazy? My bank and a couple others in the area have said that anyone who has their direct deposit with them will get paid regardless of the government shutting down. I can't count on my employer to pay me, but my bank has said they will pay me if the government shuts down and a budget agreement isn't reached before the next payday. It's a sad damned day when I can trust my bank more than I can trust my employer.

Now granted, they'll still get thier money back once a new budget is enacted and we get paid again, but still, for a bank to step up like that to take care of their customers and say don't worry about not being able to pay your bills, we got your back at least through the next pay period, is pretty awesome in my book.

I agree with gregrob though, I do believe that they will get a budget hammered out, and if there is a shut down, that it will only be a few days at the most.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
    No disrespect at all. I agree that its bull shit and my BEST friends are in the military, one being currentl deployed. However, you are not working for free. That clearly states that you are still owed for the 1 week of missing pay. Im sure the budget will be finalized and that will be attached to your next check.

Again, I appreciate all you guys do, deeply and I think this is bull shit, but people are making it out to be a much bigger seal than it really is at the moment.

yeah back pay is cool and everything, but when you are an E3 that hasn't recieved your tax refund yet and is living on a budget is kind of hard to pay your bills on time with half of your already half ass paycheck. Not to mention that back pay won't pay for the late fees from the lenders as well as fixing our credit score cuz we can't pay our shit on time

but of course they can get their 170k+ a year no matter what, I say give them my M4 and let 'em go to the desert for me.
    95 T/A

InActive Member

Status

I hear you there man.

-94 Z28 355 M6 24X E-85 21* TRICKFLOWS TH400 S60
    C5 Z06 IN ROAD RACE TRIM. COMING SOON

InActive Member

Status

problem fixed, this shit was going to give me a hernia. They reached a deal
    95 T/A

InActive Member

Status

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_...nding_showdown

Thank goodness they did!

Getting "back paid" for work done, is not the same as getting paid on time. If this thing had panned out for say just a few months, and all of us were to simply get "back paid", there would still be millions of military members (and others) without any income what so ever in the meantime.

Like I said before, if you had money saved up, it was no big deal, but those not able to do so would have been in the hurt locker.

Thanks to all those who did pray on the behalf of this. Lets hope the government and our leaders can start doing a better job to help prevent things like this (and MANY other big issues on the table) from happening in the near future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast