Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well fantastic.. Is there a good writeup anywhere? im gussing this would allow you to use HP tuners as well?

8 Second Club

Status

I found just about everything I need to put this to the test. Other then the wiring harnes (and the 4500 throttle body and 60-80lb injectors for my combo).

So I will be moving forward and setting this up at least on a test motor. It might just get tested on mine. Just hate welding on an intake that already has $1000 in port work done.
    So far 10.576 @ 128.64 on a 1.563 short time. N/A.
    8.957 @ 151.60 on a 1.349 60' time
    THE FIRST 8 SECOND NITROUS POWERED LT1

PLEASEEEE post pics and details when you get into this!! im very very interested in it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakesz28 View Post
    I found just about everything I need to put this to the test. Other then the wiring harnes (and the 4500 throttle body and 60-80lb injectors for my combo).

So I will be moving forward and setting this up at least on a test motor. It might just get tested on mine. Just hate welding on an intake that already has $1000 in port work done.
    Sounds good. Who are you going to have weld up the injector bungs? Placement is pretty important...

I plan on running the Pro-jection setup using his modded opti with a crank trigger, and hopefully controlling it with a modded stock PCM without the RPM limits if he can get it to work. He he can't get the stock computer to work reliably like how he wants it, then a cheapo vortec setup like you are trying would be next on the list .
    93 Medium Patriot Red Z28: Forged 383,GTP'd AFR 220s(@227ccs), LE .7xx" Billet SR,1.7 Shaftmounts,24x,Maxed Supervic,4150 TB. :12 Metallic Spark Black ZX14R: 1.5" drop, GP slipons, -2 Vortex rear. 152mph trap SWB, stock motor...now with Nitrous... :09 Victory Red LS3 Z51 Vette: Blackouts, muffler delete, sub. Purchased bone stock w/18k mi.

4x setup is in the works, waiting on my vortec stuff to come in so I can model it... damn ebay seller is taking forever. The plan is to do modded timing covers on an exchange basis, no hunting around for 96-97 covers to get a crank sensor in there. Hurry and finish your motor!

8 Second Club

Status

Here are some pics and the first elbow and intake I did. The injector position does not mean as much as some think. My first dyno time will prove that. I'm doing something unorthodox with back to back dyno with my 1050 carb. The injectors are best to point down even though some spray 90* to the port. The F1 cars have them high and above the throttle body. On any cast sbc they will be low and just above the head in the port. On some of the sheet metal intakes they are as high as possibly in the runner.

Just going to use a vortec distributer, then since I have full access to a machine shop I will put the trigger wheel and sensor into my MSD distributer to have the larger cap to help stop the chances of a cross fire while retarding timing during the heavy hits of nitrous.

8 Second Club

Status

This intake already has some welding done and I will have to replumb some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jakesz28 View Post
    The injector position does not mean as much as some think. My first dyno time will prove that.
    I'd be very interesting in seeing this data. Everything I've ever read/seen says otherwise... with the benefit of proper injector placement becoming more critical as the VE and RPMs (BMEP) go up.

8 Second Club

Status

Hows this position?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iBbwocYZw

EDIT.
    I'm not saying the position doesn't matter but with a cast sbc I don't think you can actually put them in the best position. All of the OEM applications have them close to the valve to help cold start and emissions. But when the runners are short and take turns going to the plenum your choices on were to put them is limited. I think runner length, shape, and taper will have a bigger effect on power.
    Last edited by jakesz28; 04-15-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-jection Eng View Post
    4x setup is in the works, waiting on my vortec stuff to come in so I can model it... damn ebay seller is taking forever. The plan is to do modded timing covers on an exchange basis, no hunting around for 96-97 covers to get a crank sensor in there. Hurry and finish your motor!
    Ugh don't even talk about timing covers...

I have a 93 cover for my original engine, then bought a 95 style to run a vented opti setup. Then, I sold that cover and got a 96 style when I was going to use a CPS. THEN, I changed my mine again and sold the 96 cover, since I was going to buy the trick billet TPIS cover with more clearance for a double roller...but instead changed my mind on that and bought another 95.

Sooooo, now I have a 95 style cover again. I've been through like 4 timing covers before my engine has even been completed .

***edited***
    Last edited by Puck; 04-16-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    93 Medium Patriot Red Z28: Forged 383,GTP'd AFR 220s(@227ccs), LE .7xx" Billet SR,1.7 Shaftmounts,24x,Maxed Supervic,4150 TB. :12 Metallic Spark Black ZX14R: 1.5" drop, GP slipons, -2 Vortex rear. 152mph trap SWB, stock motor...now with Nitrous... :09 Victory Red LS3 Z51 Vette: Blackouts, muffler delete, sub. Purchased bone stock w/18k mi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast