Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 189 of 192 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1918

Thread: LTx Gun Thread

Dems right now
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Rainy cold Sunday, so figured this thread needs to be resurrected. Current project for this fall, hope to order glass and the last few odds & ends come October

Barrel, rings etc. Jumping on the cheatmore craze

Decided to go chassis cause lefty options are suck with stocks

SS SA LH Rem 700 cause, well I am too poor to afford a defiance or similar

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Wow... nice revival.

My "new" used Springfield 1911 .45cal

Just picked it up for 300 bucks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Wow... nice revival.

My "new" used Springfield 1911 .45cal

Just picked it up for 300 bucks!

Thats probably going to be my next purchase, very nice
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Thats probably going to be my next purchase, very nice
    Thanks... couldnt pass up that deal for a springfield 1911...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Question from a firearms neophyte..... I have three semi-auto handguns, that I bought legally in Texas and California about 30 years ago, while living in each of those states. 20 years ago, I returned to NJ with the firearms. As I understand NJ law, I am legally allowed to possess the firearms, without a firearms purchase ID card. The State does offer (but does not require) a voluntary firearms ID for persons such as myself, but I did not obtain one.

All that said, I am at an age (= senior citizen) now where I no longer see myself using these for sport, or for defense, other than perhaps one of the three. I don't want to run afoul of NJ's draconian gun laws. I remember the case of someone moving within the State from one home to another with his firearms in the trunk, he was stopped, the guns were found, and he was sentenced to a mandatory 5 years in prison. Eventually, Governor Christie pardoned him.

What is the best, legal way to sell these guns? I understand I need to go through a licensed dealer. I want to maximize the cash proceeds, if possible. One of them is a Walther PPK/S, .380 ACP, stainless, by Interarms. I have seen this particular version online in excess of $1,000 in near mint condition (less than 100 rounds fired), original plastic box, original factory test target, original owners manual, both original magazines, and even the original plastic cleaning rod. Only thing not original is the plastic grips. I replaced those with Pachmayr rubber grips. The others are a Ruger P85 MkII w/ 3-15 round magazines (no longer legal in NJ starting in 2019), and an S&W 422.

Do I just shop around for a local dealer who will be interested? Are there other ways to do this?

TIA,
    Fred

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

The last I read. The code says that the firearm can be transported within state from residence to a place of business or for other reasons such as a range or repair as long as it's in a locked or secured vessel (case), unloaded, in the trunk, and the ammunition in a separate hard container (fiber or original box fits the definition).

How do you transport firearms?
    Firearms shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported.

Ammunition must be transported in a separate container and locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported. If the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the passenger compartment, the firearm must be in a locked container other than the vehicle's glove compartment or console.
    A private sale is always the best to maximize the price but NJ is a bitch on personal transfers.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by donfrye View Post
    The last I read. The code says that the firearm can be transported within state from residence to a place of business or for other reasons such as a range or repair as long as it's in a locked or secured vessel (case), unloaded, in the trunk, and the ammunition in a separate hard container (fiber or original box fits the definition).

How do you transport firearms?
    Firearms shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported.

A private sale is always the best to maximize the price but NJ is a bitch on personal transfers.
    Yes and no.

Since he has no FID card, or the paperwork from a pistol purchase permit, those firearms can never leave his house.

As of Sept 30, NJ will be banning private sales so I would call some local gun shops and explain your situation sans giving your name or SN of firearms.

Furthermore, anything past 10rd mag is illegal already as a heads up. Those I would take over the river and leave with family/friends out of the state.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

With regard to magazine capacity in NJ, the firearms law was amended in June of this year, and reads:

“The bill's provisions are effective immediately, but allow for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.”

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    With regard to magazine capacity in NJ, the firearms law was amended in June of this year, and reads:

“The bill's provisions are effective immediately, but allow for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.”
    Hence my comment about making them take a trip to PA or similar. They are illegal to have if you are not doing what is listed in the grace period.

I am not sure what an FFL in NJ would do with them, as it would limit your potential sales to the privileged class only.

Page 189 of 192 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192 LastLast