Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: LTx Gun Thread

From one fellow pink screen name guy to another, you are welcome to my 'hood if you are ever in the area. Plenty of ranges around here and I'll even let you shoot a pistol/rifle that holds more than two rounds!1

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    john
    Vehicle
    camaro

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Believe me, I wish I could move but at the current point in my life, too tethered to NJ. Theoretically I could make the commute from the PA border in every day, but F that.

I just want some warm(er) weather, been ages since I got to go plinking and I tossed a bunch of stuff on my 10/22. Also doing full choke, low brass, 12 gauge clay pigeon shooting this summer, gotta practice.
    Its hard for me too family house jobs friends ect ect. I live in the town i grew up in. Love it. Love the land, lakes mountains deep woods. Its all getting developed now, Things are changing and i dont want my someday kids living in this pussified hell hole called NY.

Its been above freezing one day in Feb? i usually shoot a few thousand rounds a month, nothing for this month lol. Been too cold and too windy. I still plow my shooting range tho!!

Took the AK snackbar to the range yesterday. Son and I put over 200 rounds through it without one single hiccup. It's my new favorite rifle out of the rest. I thought the ammunition I had was steal core (not allowed at the NRA range) so I bought ammo there. For 7.62x39 they were charging .50 cents a round, and that was for Tulammo. Ridiculous.

InActive Member

Status

Yea that's crazy.
    well my new ar build is coming along so far I've got a spikes stripped lower, aero stripped upper, psa lower build kit, psa buffer tube, spring, buffer, bcm charging handle, magpul stock, and b5 grip.

Now: m6, 24x conversion, full bolt ons, fullish suspension
    In the works: forged 355, le2, th400, 9", direct port 200 shot. Ton of weight reduction!

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

uploadfromtaptalk1426568735424.jpg

My new precision match rifle, took it out over the weekend and did some 400yrd plinking shooting under 1/2 MOA

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    john
    Vehicle
    camaro

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZGuy View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1426568735424.jpg

My new precision match rifle, took it out over the weekend and did some 400yrd plinking shooting under 1/2 MOA
    What type of matches do you shoot. Details on rifle?

InActive Member

Status

Just picked up a sig p250 compact in .45. My new favorite gun at the moment to carry. Just need to get a new holster I'm thinking Foxx or alien gear. Its got a long double action trigger pull like a j frame but its crisp so its taking some getting use to.

Now: m6, 24x conversion, full bolt ons, fullish suspension
    In the works: forged 355, le2, th400, 9", direct port 200 shot. Ton of weight reduction!

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Comfort with ur weapon is not what it is either. I dont get it. Experience and training...dicipline... that is where it is and at 19... its not there. Thats where the previous exceptions for military points were made as an exception, or what SHOULD be an exception. Proficience...and comfort with the weapon will not do anything for u in a shoot/dont shoot situation.

You have no idea... NONE.

The fact that u cant pick up.what im laying down proves thay even more.
    Im not gonna go round and round with u. U dont get it. ur state allows it... good luck... wish u the best.

Hope u never get put in the situation cause I have No faith in u making the right decision.

I decided to read this thread some years after it was initially started, and more than a year after the post I'm quoting was originally written. I haven't yet read further into this thread, or investigated any of the belligerent parties' posts. So I will speak from that perspective, at least for now. I know that Larry is a cop, but before his career as a LEO he stated that he had little or no prior shooting or firearms experience.

I first obtained a CC permit at age 28. I was raised around firearms, grew up around hunting and guns and seeing firsthand the effects bullets have on living flesh. All before age 10. Learned to shoot a shotgun at moving aerial targets with some proficiency by age 12, and at a competitive level by age 15. With rifles I was hitting golf balls I scrounged at a local driving range with a .22 at 50 yards or further, 8 shots out of 10. Oh and let me add, for safety's sake. My grandfather was killed in a tragic hunting accident, never knew him on account of it. As a direct result of that and his training in the USMC, my father unrelentingly drilled gun safety into my head from the very beginning. From age 6 or so, I knew where every gun, loaded and otherwise, in our house was stored. None were behind locks, but I never even considered handling any without direct supervision until I was of age when my father directly authorized such. Because parenting, and being taught to be a man where it counted.
    The reason I share all of this, is that the basically universal age for CC permits is 21. However, there are folks out there that are a MUCH safer bet to trust with a firearm at age 19 than many others are at age 25. It's not the age, it's the person.

Carry on.
    Cayenne Red Metallic 1997 Z28 M6
    Bolt-ons, AI H/C/I, Hooker LTs, chrome ZR1s, etc.
    406/385

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by HellTeeOne View Post
    ... So I will speak from that perspective, at least for now. I know that Larry is a cop, but before his career as a LEO he stated that he had little or no prior shooting or firearms experience.

Its true... absolutely no experience. So i started my gun knowledge and experience by trained professionals in Law Enfocement capacity with hundreds of hours before ever becoming a Police Officer In the academy.

Upon my graduation from the academy I earned

And continue to hold it till today...14 years later.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Got this today for the kids

It was between this and a GSG-5. Dude wanted $400 for it plus a scope and four mags. I got mine for significantly less and it's brand new. Everyone I talked to said to go with the 10/22 so I did done so.

Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast