Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

just because you have a high security clearance dose not mean you are some one special, i also have a secret clearance because of what i work with, but every thing is still on a "need to know" basis. such as with DevonsZ28, us having the same clearance don't mean that we both know the same stuff, i dont need to know about Nukes, and he dose not need to know how repair a MRAP (Mine resistant armor protected vehicle) which are classified as "Weapon Systems". to me it sounds like he is just trying to make himself sound "Special"

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Well this guy is trying to give a friend of mine a hard time, and Im trying to see how far to flex my muscles...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status

it sounds like that guy is full of it. there are alot of people who are in the military like that. before anyone jumps my case, im active duty in the army and i see it everyday.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    this guy is trying to give a friend of mine a hard time, and Im trying to see how far to flex my muscles...
    take it to the gym bro

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KissMyWhtSS For This Post:

InActive Member

Status

Ur a cop u can flex ur muscles all u want.. u are the law!! The red and blue lights do wonders

1991 Camaro RS convertible/sold.. 86 TRANS AM with 8 point cage and LT1 SWAP in PROGRESS
    swap thread:
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...tible-lt1-swap

7. The Following User Says Thank You to quickkris2006 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by quickkris2006 View Post
    Ur a cop u can flex ur muscles all u want.. u are the law!! The red and blue lights do wonders

Sometimes its not that easy. Wish it was it would be one hell of a perk to the job.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Cory
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

I will put it this way Popo....I have been in the U.S. Air Force for 8 years. I am an E-5, also known as a Staff Sergeant. In the AF, that is normal...I made E-5 just before my 5th year, and that is moving fairly fast. My cousin got in the Army a YEAR AFTER me...he was an E-5 a year BEFORE me. so it too me almost 5 years to get to E-5 and it took my cousin almost 4! My cousin made E-6 before his 7th year. If the guy was in 20 he SHOULD be closer to an E-8 or even E-9!

I have a secret security clearance...that is nothing to brag about. Just because he has a "clearance" does NOT mean he actually has ACCESS to that material! EVEN WITH my secret clearance if I walk up to someone and demand to see some secret shit that doesnt apply to me or I am not granted access to, they will laugh in my face and tell me to fuck off......just sayin.

Security clearance is NOTHING to brag about...That rank is OK....but not GREAT....and other than that, the guy doesnt impress me.

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro SS #2528 "Black Widow"

N/A 383 Stroker LT1, M6, TEA 220 Heads, Bullet Cam, Full Bolt-Ons, Full suspension
    458 RWHP/414 RWTQ
    Previous Build: N/A 357 H/C/I w/Bolt-Ons. 411/390, 12.99@110, 2.1 60ft, 8000+ DA

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Cory
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

ALSO, recruiting is considered a "Special Duty" position...which means you have to apply for it, qualify for it, and you get paid a little bit extra. It is a good job to have in some aspects, but most recruiters are only there for a couple years before they are sent back to their original job. For instance. EVERY recruiter has a job as something else as their primary duty...like me, I am Security Forces. I can apply to be a recruiter and if accepted, I am no longer going to be performing cop duties as long as I am a recruiter. Once my time as a recruiter is over, I will go back to being a cop at whatever base they send me to.

Recruiters as far as I know DO NOT operate in hotel rooms unless there are excruciating circumstances such as a hurricane wipes out the office or something...

Also recruiters LOSE their security clearances once they become recruiters because they have no need to know...they dont have a job that requires them to know that info. You have to re-apply for clearance after certain amounts of time and they have to re-evaluate you to ensure you are still competent enough to perform the duties...like me, I am re-evaluated every 5 years.

Lastly......Military members ARE NOT allowed to perform CIA, Law Enforcement, FBI, or other NON-MILITARY associated agency duties while using the military name....Its called the Posse-Comitatus act. It prevents Military from enforcing Civilian laws while in a military uniform unless a state of emergency or Martial Law is declared. So I cant be dressed in my military police uniform, and go pull over a civilian for speeding...I can pull him over and ATTEMPT to hold him there until local law enforcement arrives to take jurisdiction of the individual. So in my opinion, he is full of shit...lol

N/A 383 Stroker LT1, M6, TEA 220 Heads, Bullet Cam, Full Bolt-Ons, Full suspension
    458 RWHP/414 RWTQ
    Previous Build: N/A 357 H/C/I w/Bolt-Ons. 411/390, 12.99@110, 2.1 60ft, 8000+ DA

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thank You all.... I had a deep feeling that he was full of it... in fact, the more stories I heard about what the guys said the more, I thought, WOW HE IS A COMPULSIVE LIAR THAT BELIEVES HE IS MORE THAN HE IS.....

I have nothing against the Military and in fact respect all of you for doing something that I know that I could not do. But me, as a cop, am just that, A COP... I dont try to act like I have special powers or abilities beyond my job description.

This guy has been threatening my friend with some things that I wont publicly discuss, and has stated comments that would lead a person who does not know better to believe that he has utilized resourses from the CIA and NSA to surveil my friend....

I called bs to my friend, however, I just didnt want to lead my friend in the wrong direction if there were possibilities this E7 Sgt Recruiter, did have favors or pull to be asked from those listed agencies....

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Cory
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

I HIGHLY doubt he does...and if that for some UNGODLY reason IS the case........your friend would had to have messed up REALLY REALLY bad with something that affected MULTIPLE agencies and national security or something...otherwise other agencies would laugh in this guys face

458 RWHP/414 RWTQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast