Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by SSCamaro30Ann View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt he does...and if that for some UNGODLY reason IS the case........your friend would had to have messed up REALLY REALLY bad with something that affected MULTIPLE agencies and national security or something...otherwise other agencies would laugh in this guys face

Actually the dilema between the two, is personal in nature. Nothing illegal....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

call that assclown out popo. If the only issue is a personal issue between the two, and nothing even remotely illegal, then none of the agencies are going to detail any kind of surveillance to that case.
    It really irks me when people have to try and make shit up to feel good about themselves...
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

over caffinated

Status

i'm using my g-2257-a, clearance to have norad measure the shine coming off popos head lol

what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that allow me to do with things that would be a nightmare for people like you.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by faust View Post
    i'm using my g-2257-a, clearance to have norad measure the shine coming off popos head lol

LOL,

Thank You all.... I am gonna tell my friend to call him out on it. And Im assuming that if he used any kind of work resources from the military or if he realy did have friends in the NSA and they did him a favor and allowed him use, or did some type of personal surveilance for him, they would end up in serious trouble for it.....

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

InActive Member

Status

I know this was a few months ago, and it sounds like you already got your answer. But FWIW, I agree.

You'll find the people who brag about security clearance, getting shot at, or belonging to anything elite or "hush hush" are full of it. 99% of the time they are complete liars and don't have or belong to any of it in reality.

If you do find someone with actual front line experience, a very high security clearance, or belong to the CIA, it is quite likely you will never know it. Once you are there, its not something you brag about, or really talk about on the outside. These guys are considered "silent heroes" who you may know do something, but really will never know what exactly. Their proffession is to keep quiet. So if you find someone who is bragging, or trying to show off, it is likely they are not who they are claiming to be at all.

My .02 cents as an officer in the USAF.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thank You man, I appreciate the military insight!

InActive Member

Status

No prob buddy
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

I know this is really old now, but it was an interesting read... couldn't agree more with the advice that was given and comments made. Popo, how'd it all turn out?

Btw, from everything I have ever read, it is illegal for a civilian to wear a military uniform in public, though difficult to enforce - check out 10 USC, Sections 771 and 772 as well as Army Reg 701-1. By your account, I would seriously question if the supposed "recruiter" working out of a hotel room was even in the military. It would be up to the local law enforcement to enforce this law. Certainly, as law enforcement, it would be within your perview to confirm this person's identity as you would anyone else's. Does he have an active duty ID? Who is his chain of command? As an E7, I'd want to talk with his unit's First Sergeant or Sergeant Major and apprise them of his behavior. Further, it is a violation of numerous laws for the military to collect intelligence on US persons, especially for personal reasons. To even claim to do so with or without a clearance would get a service member in very serious trouble with their chain of command... Especially since it sounds like this was used as a threat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yosho For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Well I took all the info that everyone gave me here and I made a call to a higher up that gave me a life saving award in the past. I was amazed he remembered me....

I filled him in on the troubles being caused. He was unsure if he would be able to help but he would "look into it."

Keeping my hands clean...and having done what i gelt i could do without getting myself in trouble...i sat back.

A few months later i was advised by my friend that the e7 had "moved" from our state.

IDK if it was coincidence or not... But i know my friends issues were over... So with that he was good....i was good.

Co-Owner/Admin @ LTXtech.com

That's great. It sounds like it all ended for the best and was a nice conclusion to the story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123