Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status

I don't want to overwhelm myself with all of it really. It's a lot to do for one person.
    '95 Camaro Z28 - 385CI LT1 Turbo - GONE AND SAD
    '04 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 Speed SAP - LM1, 19" AZA Z1s, H/C, LTs, Nitrous Outlet plate set-up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumbalt1 View Post
    the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

9 Second N/A Club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY View Post
    I don't want to overwhelm myself with all of it really. It's a lot to do for one person.
    yea i was just breakin balls lol......it is alot of work what ur trying to do.......if u were near by i'd help out but MI is kinda far lol........oh and i forgot I gotta turn my cage from an 8pt to a 10pt too lol......i just realized i got a shit load of stuf to do lol...
    95 LTx Z28 Quasar Blue---NA 385 c.i. Advanced Induciton HCI, TH350, #3290-- 9.77 @ 138.4
    2010 & 2011 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Champion
    2012 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Top Qualifier and Runner Up---LTX Shootout MOD NA Top ET Record Holder

VIP Member

Status

Yeah, I know. It sucks because a majority of my car buddies live kind of far. I have a couple people who can help, but that is about it. We will see what happens, either way, I will have a car of my own at the Shootout, I am just not sure what car. But back to the attendance... WE NEED TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO GO!!! Anyone have any ideas on how we can increase participation? We should make fliers or something.

You know... I do Detroit Autorama every year, which is one of the largest indoor car shows in the country. I could make fliers and pass them out to LTx owners.
    '04 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 Speed SAP - LM1, 19" AZA Z1s, H/C, LTs, Nitrous Outlet plate set-up
    the fans was not on andi guess that the pcm have my car going high power because oil started to come out thw valve covers

^^^^ that could definetly help, i figured the best way to gain racer and fan attendance would be to go on the smaller local forums and clubs of the KY area and spread the word to the local guys. better chance that a guy who lives an hour away will come then a guy who lives 20 hours away like us.
    "Just another bolt on only LT1 that can kick ur LS1's a$$!"
    Special thx: Frank Cahill, Noyzee Racing, Coastal Customs, Shon Herron, John P. (1slowformula)
    Cecil - 11.998 @ 111.02mph 1.635 60ft ... 1/8th 7.588 @ 89.33mph

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY View Post
    Yeah, I know. It sucks because a majority of my car buddies live kind of far. I have a couple people who can help, but that is about it. We will see what happens, either way, I will have a car of my own at the Shootout, I am just not sure what car. But back to the attendance... WE NEED TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO GO!!! Anyone have any ideas on how we can increase participation? We should make fliers or something.

You know... I do Detroit Autorama every year, which is one of the largest indoor car shows in the country. I could make fliers and pass them out to LTx owners.
    I have lots of ideas to increase participation, but some of them aren't practical at all.

I'd bet we'd get a lot of people interested if some of the classes paid out $1000 (or a nice prize) to the winner, but that is not realistic unless you get a big sponsor to fit the bill.

You can get lots of prizes if you hit up enough companies to donate a prize.

Maybe get hold of TFS to see if they'd sponsor the shootout. Have them donate a set of 21 degree heads. Give the set of heads to the winner of one of the slower classes.
    Have a reputable tranny shop donate a level whatever tranny and give it to the winner of extreme street n/a.
    See if Yank could donate a nasty converter.
    Wolfe racecraft for a 6-point rollbar.
    AFR for a set of 195 heads.
    LE and AI for a custom camshaft or a set of heads.
    Clayton racing for a 383 shortblock.
    Mezeire for an electric water pump.
    Hit up a good oil company such as AMSOIL for some cases of racing oil or whatever.
    Comp cams for a cam or a set of rockers.
    Strange Engineering for some drag brakes or shocks.
    BMR for suspension pieces.
    Spohn for suspension pieces.
    UMI for suspension pieces.
    etc, etc, I can go on and on.....

You'd be VERY surprised how generous some companies can be especially since THIS SHOOTOUT is ALWAYS in GMHTP with plenty of color pictures. That is exactly the pitch to use. They all know that ANY donation they make is tax deductable. I wuld have no problem putting a sticker for one of these companies on my car if they were to step up to the plate for this shootout. It would be free advertising into a national magazine for them.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

^^^ please copy and paste this and send it to tony shephard in a pm
    "Just another bolt on only LT1 that can kick ur LS1's a$$!"
    Special thx: Frank Cahill, Noyzee Racing, Coastal Customs, Shon Herron, John P. (1slowformula)
    Cecil - 11.998 @ 111.02mph 1.635 60ft ... 1/8th 7.588 @ 89.33mph

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12 View Post
    ^^^ please copy and paste this and send it to tony shephard in a pm
    I second that. I have a few buddies around here I can talk to for sponsorship as well, like Livernois Motorsports, etc. I can see if they would be onboard for sponsorship as well. I might talk a trip to visit them this weekend.

9 Second N/A Club

Status

im gonna talk to phil from AI and see if he can help.............ill give him a ring this week
    95 LTx Z28 Quasar Blue---NA 385 c.i. Advanced Induciton HCI, TH350, #3290-- 9.77 @ 138.4
    2010 & 2011 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Champion
    2012 LTX Shootout Modified Naturally Aspirated Top Qualifier and Runner Up---LTX Shootout MOD NA Top ET Record Holder

The best way to pitch this to a potential sponsor is to show them the past issues of GMHTP where they covered the LTx shootout. That way they can see that their products will indeed see some print in a magazine and get some ink in the column written by the author. Exposure in a NATIONAL magazine is huge, especially when it is for a small donation.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    The best way to pitch this to a potential sponsor is to show them the past issues of GMHTP where they covered the LTx shootout. That way they can see that their products will indeed see some print in a magazine and get some ink in the column written by the author. Exposure in a NATIONAL magazine is huge, especially when it is for a small donation.
    Good point, Joelster. I will make some rounds to the local vendors in my area and see who we can get on board for this year's Shootout.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast