Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

InActive Member

Status

Default Built 4l60/TH700R4 Transmission FS

I have a 1993 4L60 (TH-700R4) Transmission for sale, This transmission features many high performance and severe duty parts, and was built by well known high performance automatic transmission builder Tommy Shinholster in Titusville, Florida. This transmission has been fully disassembled and cleaned. This transmission features the large 30 spline input shaft, and large 28 spline output shaft, a new GM Performance 10 vane front pump was installed for strength as opposed to the 13 vane pump, heat treated front and rear 4 pinion planet gear sets, "The Beast" shell gear, All the clutches in the forward drum have been replaced with high strength holding power Alto Red Eagle Clutches, 8 in the forward drum, Alto "Wide" band on the forward drum this band has 33% more holding strength than the GM Performance wide band that you will find in other high performance built 4L60, TH-700R4 transmissions, all new gaskets and seals where installed, this transmission has a custom programmed valve body, which allows for full manual shifting, and full automatic control, this also has a custom Tommy Shinholster shift kit installed, one that you will not find in a B&M or TCI kit, it has Corvette 1-2, and 2-3 large servos to maintain even apply on the clutch packs, .500 "Mega" boost valve in the pump for quick clutch apply time, and to maintain high line pressure on the forward drum clutch packs. It also has the GM Performance high performance governor gear set this allows you to easily change the "red line" control in the transmission I have it set at 6100 rpms. This Transmission has a 700 engine horsepower strength capacity. At wide open thottle behind a 400rwhp LT1 Corvette engine it performed very well, it shifts very fast and firm, it does not shift "hard" like many would like to think, which is acually bad for the transmission, which results in "shift shock" that break parts inside the transmission. It has roughly 1k miles on it, and no track visits on it, had a large transmission cooler on it, and a new Precision Industry's Vigilante 9.5" torque converter ($725 converter) infront of it its ENTIRE LIFE. I can assure you, you would not be disappointed with this transmission, the 1-2 shift if you can get traction will put a huge grin on your face, and will make you think twice about automatic cars or trucks. This transmission cost me $1500, and will run you $2000 for a JW, FLT, Performa Built, etc. of the same specs. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me and I will get back in touch ASAP or call 321-693-4080 and I will answer any questions you may have. Price is negotiable, and thank you for looking.
    Tyler's 1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

6LE Longtubes / LPM Heads / LE Cam / Vigilante 3200 / Shinholster 4L60 / GM 3.73's

InActive Member

Status

to the top

6LE Longtubes / LPM Heads / LE Cam / Vigilante 3200 / Shinholster 4L60 / GM 3.73's

InActive Member

Status

lookin for $850, you wont find one with the parts for the price, everything is literally new, best parts money can buy.

InActive Member

Status

will include new speedo gears for 3.73 gears

Do U still have this high performance transmisson, I would like to put it in a 1971 GMC Jimmy (Blazer) with a 383 built 2 hilt transmisson is in it now it has old 4 speed SM 465 now, about 450-520 hp but I want a auto do I need any stand alone computer, I hope not, i'm in southern California close to L.A.

InActive Member

Status

I may be interested. I just recieved an offer on my t56. If it goes through then I will let you know.