Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaV8 View Post
    just run a chain into the truck and find a good spot with a bolt.... should work fine...
    I was thinking something like that. Like use two of the drain plug holes and with a piece of wood under with bolts going through the top. That way I can latch the chain to the bolts and lift it evenly. I'm gonna get on it today. Look for pics later tonight.

Lurker

Status

Been on hold with things due to money running low through the holidays.
    Picked up a complete disk brake frame with the whole front suspension on it so I'm swapping the disks right now and then going to pull the frame to sand blast. I ran a trial with lifting the body off and it went well so I just need to build a stand for the body and we'll be in business. My goal is to have this finished for Route 66 2011 in september.

Lurker

Status

Well it seems like plans are ever changing. I'm going to sell the original disk kit that I bought and go with a KORE3 C5 setup for the front and get some new wheels. No updates with it however cause my bills went up and I'm just scrapping by right now. Trying to sell off stuff to get project money but it all goes back to bills.

sorry to hear about the financial situation i've been running into the same wall with the rebuild of my trans am after the driveline went ka-put. HANG IN THERE, it's an awesome build that you are doing!

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by black heartbeat View Post
    sorry to hear about the financial situation i've been running into the same wall with the rebuild of my trans am after the driveline went ka-put. HANG IN THERE, it's an awesome build that you are doing!
    Thanks. I am just now getting back up on top of things. I bought the C5 brackets and brake lines. Just need calipers, pads, and rotors. Frame is almost done being stripped then going to pick up some POR-15 and lay it on. Should go smooth after that.

Lurker

Status

Got time to work more on the frame today and it's going smooth. Recently got the shaft from some doctor visits, so once again finances are slim for a while. Have a lead on a spare LT1 and some nice 18" wheels if I could ever sell my GM ZR1 style wheels.

Lurker

Status

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. I am going to finish stripping the frame tomorrow. Pics will be up at night. Then to order some paint. Getting mixed reviews on POR-15.

InActive Member

Status

Any updates?
    1970 Buick Skylark Convertible Pro-Touring project - LT1/T56/12 bolt

Lurker

Status

Frame and rear end are ready for paint, just waiting on the paint. I decided to go with por-15 with the chassis coat black on top of it. Should get here by next week then I'll start painting and beable to put the front suspension back together. Also found out the I can convert the rear suspension to disk pretty easy and cheap by using 98-02 fbody rear brakes. Simple bracket and it's bolt on.

Lurker

Status

Well people, it's been yet another rough ride through the holidays. Got owned once again by medical bills and christmas shopping. Never got around to painting because of this, although I now have it ready to go. Sold my Hotcam kit and my zr1's for a nice chunk of change so that should pay for the new front a-arms with tall ball joints to get me a little lower in the front. Looking to go with a LE2 kit now. Look for updates with pics after the new year.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast