Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

InActive Member

Status

Default !A.I.R., now check engine light.

Hey guys, put an EWP in my car the other day, ran it into the old air pump relay and fuse, and took out the A.I.R. My question is that by deleting the air pump is there any way it would cause the car to throw a code?? Or is something else up that is doing it. The check engine light doesn't come on right away, but after it has been running for a bit. Also, whenever the lights come on, so do the fans. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks.
    -Kraus-

InActive Member

Status

Whenever the SES comes on, the fans come on. That's a default GM "ism."
    Assuming you have an OBDI car, you can't just hook the AIR wiring to the water pump and expect it to be problem free. The AIR pump only runs on start-up - not exactly ideal for your water pump. Since you have an OBDI car, check this guide out. It tells you everything you need to do: http://stevil.easy48.com/AIR-CSI.htm

Note that those directions will differ for OBDII cars, for whoever else reads this post.
    -Joe-
    95 T/A.
    Advanced Induction 383 - 10.81 @ 124.16, 1.43 60' Video of 10-second pass - 455whp/445wtq

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

leave it unhooked and leave the fuse in thats what i did and no SES light! been that was for some time now. and run the EWP to some where else
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    leave it unhooked and leave the fuse in thats what i did and no SES light! been that was for some time now. and run the EWP to some where else
    A little late for that now! lol. I already rewired the harness and the fuse to accommodate the EWP.
    -Kraus-