Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

I don't have them. Obviously I'd rather have my SS than one, or else I'd have one. I'm not a huge fan of the interior and I'd probably have to have a moderately clean LT1 on ZR1's. Not a huge fan of the ol' TPI.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

Why do people hate on the C4 Vette? My theory is that people hate on it because it is too old to be new, but too new to be 'classic'. At this point in time, it is in the same position that ALOT of the now expensive cars from the late 60s and early 70s were back in the 80s. I mean, you could pick up a 1969 Camaro in decent condition for a song back in, say, 1988. But look what they go for now.
    Last edited by StorminMatt; 06-14-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

id take a c4 zr1 any day! LT5
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

Banned

Status
    Name
    Brenda
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 M6

i dont hate on em, i like them. got a few customers with em, always enjoy the lt1 discussions, which today, were the joys of replacing the optispark.

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    id take a c4 zr1 any day! LT5
    Well, of course. LT5 is a different ballgame. Id kill for one of those
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

InActive Member

Status

I've always liked the C4s, I've had 3 of them (84,85 & currently a 93) They have pretty much bottomed out price wise and you can get a decent L98 C4 for $5-6K, LT1 for $6-7K . I like the feeling of stepping down into the car, kinda makes it feel more like a race car, as it wraps itself around you . The L98 cars aren't that bad, although it seems like they hit a wall around 100 mph. The C6 crowd will soon be making fun of the C5ers as the price of those has started to get near the $10K range. I think the reason some of these cars have become ratted out is cuz some people buy the car cheap for $4-5 and once something breaks on it , realize now that they have to pay the dreaded "corvette tax" and start to see they can't afford to fix it. . There are a ton of C4's that are ratted out on Craigslist.
    93 Corvette
    95 T/A 13.79@100 SOLD

because everyone eles is jealous

i love my c4 vette as far as not moding my 84 had this

and when the usaf moves me into my new place ny 93 will get its long tubes and polly kits and thats just the start
    Turtle Racing because some times the Turtle catches the

To me C4s are some of the best looking Vettes, I was born in '84 so when I think Corvette I think C4s. I remember Emilio Estevez driving one in mighty ducks 1 and I also remember Steve on 90210 drove a C4 convertible. Lot of these perception on cars are some what dated, because C5s are becoming the new C4s. 4th gens are the new third gen, ls1 f-cars are similar to what the 5.0s were in the late 90s.
    93 T/A Hard Top l 398" l Dart Pro-1s + Single Plane l N2O Outlet Spray Bar l 24X SD Tuned l Street twin + M6 l 12 Bolt 3.90 l Fikses

InActive Member

Status

Ive always been a sucker for the C4 Grandsport. My biggest gripe with the C4 though is the interior, specifically the gauges.
    Not everything thay steps out of line, and thus 'abnornmal', must necessarily be 'inferior'. - Hans Asperger

Lurker

Status

down here in cape girardeau every hick has one and puts shit like checkered stripes on the hood and everything. kind of gives them a bad name. about the same as with lt1 fbodies... some people just get a hold of these cars and ruin them.
    1993 z28 - stalled and bolted

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast