Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
    You sir have been smoking entirely too much crack.
    was making more a mention toward the ZR1
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb2/1990CamaroRS/RSandZ28sig.jpg

I really like them, matter of fact, today on the way to test drive a C4 I saw C5 and C6 cars everywhere.. They just don't do it for me, they flooded the market in this area and they are almost as common as the 5th Camaro and Mustangs. But when I saw the C4 driving through the lot it looked unique, fast, and down to business. I'm thinking about picking one up and this was a good thread to read to see what the perception is of C4's.
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

"The Hammer"

Status
    Name
    JimmyMo
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I think alot of the bad reputation comes from the early crossfire injected cars, and then the knarly 4+3 transmissions that came later. Now heap the opti sparks reputation, and the gear rattle that the ZF 6 speeds have been known to make (i've heard it reported on Dual Mass cars from a couple of people, extremely rare for it to happen on a Dual Mass flywheel, but I've seen a couple of threads where people posted it), and now you have an entire generation of cars that is looked down upon because of either poor engineering and issues that got blown way out of proportion.
    "Only in the Corps can you put three guys in a room with an anvil and a rubber mallet, come back 15 min later, and the anvil is broken, the rubber mallet is missing, and nobody saw a damned thing!"

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

I personally don't like C4 vettes. Compared to the C3s which I absolutely LOVE, the C4s were just too watered down and ... well, bland looking in my honest opinion. But then again I don't like the C5s either unless they're lowered, molding removed, and have the right stance. C6s look great. But generation to generation, I really love the C1 through C3.

My dream car would be a '77 Vette. My brother had one when I was growing up and I waxed that sucker all the time. I contribute my love for cars to that Vette... before it, I never really cared about cars. We were out of town when my brother got hot to trade it in and get a new car. I remember my dad yelling in the phone "Just wait until I get back home and I will give you MORE than the dealership is willing to give you for the Corvette!!!!" By the time we got home a few days later, my brother was driving a Chrysler Concorde.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by meissen View Post
    I personally don't like C4 vettes. Compared to the C3s which I absolutely LOVE, the C4s were just too watered down and ... well, bland looking in my honest opinion. ...:
    My car says...

"kiss my "

Lol...just playin...to each their own.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

I like C3's a lot more than C4's but there are some hot C4's out there, specially LTX powered ones and I've seen that generally their look improves a lot with Greenwood body kits for example:

Anyhow between a C4 and a 4th gen F-body I would choose the F-Body every day

96 Formula (LT1/4L60e: LTs, CAI, 3.42 gears, 160 stat, cat delete, poly mounts and 2800 stall..)

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by rdx View Post
    I like C3's a lot more than C4's but there are some hot C4's out there, specially LTX powered ones and I've seen that generally their look improves a lot with Greenwood body kits for example:

THATS^^^^ SEXY!!!

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
    LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

I've owned a 1995 C4 since 2004, and its been getting modified since the day I bought it. The best thing about owning a C4 is how ignorant haters paint all the C4s with the same brush; however, the LTX cars are in a different class than the earlier cars and the ZR1s were worldclass supercars when they came out.

My 95 has been surprising folks for a long time, mostly due to the efforts of Brian Ebert, Ron and Phil at AI, Ed Wright and Uncle Sugar for the infusion of tax free deployment money .

Mike
    1995 Corvette More mods and $$$ than I can admit to the wife
    1995 Impala SS
    09 G8GT (wife's ride and I have much less $$$ in it than the vette)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aboatguy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aboatguy View Post

My 95 has been surprising folks for a long time, mostly due to the efforts of Brian Ebert, Ron and Phil at AI, Ed Wright and Uncle Sugar for the infusion of tax free deployment money .

Mike
    So spill the beans stud, what's that 95 working with!? Got any pictures?
    1994 Z28 383ci - Jake's 4L80 - Moser 9" [LE2 heads and LE cam - 121mph @5500DA]
    1995 Corvette 350ci - ZF6 - Dana 44 [GTP heads - XE503 - RamHD]
    1997 Ram 2500 - tractor motor - duel spinners - chimnie mod

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

It's evolution. When the C5 came out, they snobbed down at the C4's. C6 guys snobbed down at the C5 guys. C7 guys WILL snob down at the C6. It's the "newer, better, and more expensive" syndrome. Can't tell you how many C6's I didn't get a wave back from while driving my C5, but can't think of a single C1-4 that I didn't get a wave initiated by or back from.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast