Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

VIP Member

Status

Default Suspension

Okay, I'm looking into some rear end things. Mainly lower controle arms and adjustable panhard bar. I'm not looking for "the best you can get" because that usually also "breaks the bank" and I'm not a professional nor do I claim to be one. Now, with that being said, I'm looking to stiffen up the ride a little bit more in the rear and make it not feel like my axle is shifting laterally every time I hit the Norfolk Virginia speed bumps on the interstate. (these roads blow donkey...) Also, I have a set of 255's (I know that's not HUGE but it's bigger than the 245's my buddy has) and I can't seem to get them to grab traction to save my life. I mean, it's horrible how easy it is to break them free. Anything I can do to plant them a little better would be greatly appriciated. Thanks to everyone on the site and thanks to whomever made it... this place is great!

Oh yeah, if I don't plan on lowering the car do I need an adjustable panhard bar?
    Last edited by bidicamaro; 10-09-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    94Z28: LT1-Moroso CAI-Edlebrock Shorties-3" stainless to a bullet dumped befor the axle !air and !egr-Trick Flow smooth elbow-MSD Opti-M6, 1.7" drop Sprortlines/ JL Audio 300/4 to run the mids and highs

When I got my Z I was LT1 stupid... got shorties, not mid's... lol

VIP Member

Status

I just realized I may have sounded like a little bit of an a$$... didn't mean to... sorry...
    94Z28: LT1-Moroso CAI-Edlebrock Shorties-3" stainless to a bullet dumped befor the axle !air and !egr-Trick Flow smooth elbow-MSD Opti-M6, 1.7" drop Sprortlines/ JL Audio 300/4 to run the mids and highs

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Panhard bar centers the rear laterally.

Get LCAs and LCA relocation brackets first.
    Then get a panhard bar
    Then get some drag radials.

You'll notice a nice difference

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

I agree LCA's and relocation brackets is a good start, some SFC's would help stiffen the car a lil!
    93z28 383,th350,12bolt,n2o

VIP Member

Status

A very good company that will not "break the bank" is UMI. They make great products and have very good prices.

As said before LCA's, relocation brackets and a panhard bar are a very good starting point. Since you are not lowered and you are not looking to spend a ton of money, adjustable pieces are not necessary.
    1995 Black Camaro Z28
    Cammed, Stalled, Juiced and ready to kick some ass

12 Second 1/4 Mile Girl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister95Z View Post
    A very good company that will not "break the bank" is UMI. They make great products and have very good prices.
    I'll attest to that!
    anything suspension related on the trans am is all made by them

Tawny aka Daddy's Girl
    Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

VIP Member

Status

I was looking at the UMI stuff on Summit and I liked the price, that's actually what I wanted to hear. I do have to ask, LCA relocation brackets and SFC? HUH?

Sorry, I'm coming from a Ford Bronco... Not much worry about "hookin up" in that department... 6300#s hooked up just fine
    Last edited by bidicamaro; 10-09-2008 at 05:04 PM.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bidicamaro View Post
    I was looking at the UMI stuff on Summit and I liked the price, that's actually what I wanted to hear. I do have to ask, LCA relocation brackets and SFC? HUH?

Lower Control Arms, relocation brackets (for the LCAs) and Subframe Connectors.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

I would spring for adjustible piecs now....cheaper to buy adjustible now than to replace them later
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

VIP Member

Status

I don't ever plan on lowering my Camaro so is it worth the little extra?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast