Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Banned

Status
    Name
    Brenda
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLK95-Z View Post
    Hey Popo I have a couple questions for ya.

If you pull someone over and you smell weed, even if they tell you NO you cant search the car, dont you have prabable cause enough to detain them untill a warrant is issued for a search?

and...

What if you know theyve been smoking but searching turns up nothing and they pass all the sobriety tests?
    i would also be interested to know this.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by BLK95-Z View Post
    Hey Popo I have a couple questions for ya.

If you pull someone over and you smell weed, even if they tell you NO you cant search the car, dont you have prabable cause enough to detain them untill a warrant is issued for a search?

and...

What if you know theyve been smoking but searching turns up nothing and they pass all the sobriety tests?

I have the ability to not allow them to drive if I feel that they would be a danger to them selves or others... even if they pass field sobriety, as long as I can articulate WHY I needed to do what I do...

As for the smell, yes I can take a decent look based off of the smell of the marijuana, however Its so easy for me to get a warrant, that I ususally go that route. BTW, if I arrest them for DUI, I have to do an INVENTORY SEARCH of the vehicle anyways, so thats my catch all to the rule.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

POPO: since neither of my windows roll down, how should i go about engaging an officer? i tend to think that it freaks them out when they are walking up and i open the door... should i wait for them to knock??

moroso CAI, Throttle body bypass, SLP LM2, !AIR, pacesetter midlengths, ORY, 160* tstat, 3.73s, madz28.com tune.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Quote Originally Posted by 97ForMuLa View Post
    POPO: since neither of my windows roll down, how should i go about engaging an officer? i tend to think that it freaks them out when they are walking up and i open the door... should i wait for them to knock??
    my tip to you would be to avoid engaging an officer all together...

Quote Originally Posted by jaysz2893 View Post
    my tip to you would be to avoid engaging an officer all together...
    no shit sherlock, i was asking popo though

moroso CAI, Throttle body bypass, SLP LM2, !AIR, pacesetter midlengths, ORY, 160* tstat, 3.73s, madz28.com tune.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

ooooookkkkkk

well i am sure he will give you similar advice..

Xtreme Member

Status

I LOLed for real right there
    Bryan
    1994 B4C "Special Service" Camaro - Stock LT1 - 6 speed - 46k miles - Madz28 Tune - 307/340 sae
    LT4 Clutch - Delteq Ignition - K&N CAI - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Unbalanced Engineering/Koni Suspension
    LS1 Brakes/Drive Shaft - T2R Diff - 373's - much more...

VIP Member

Status

I'd love to do a "ride along".. I think it would be amusing, entertaining, and bad ass all at once. It would be like an episode of cops right in front of your eyes!

Nice job popo!

2008 Corvette Z06 | 2002 Corvette Z06 | 2002 NHRA Formula

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by finnv3 View Post
    I wanna ride with popo but i dont want to get in trouble.
    Do you want to ride in the front wearing a vest, or in the back wearing handcuffs? You need to articulate what kind of "ride with popo" you are looking for. lol I'm sure both could be arranged, but you'd probably have more fun riding shotty.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    And when there is a ride along with us, we tend to even put on more of a show.....
    We do the same with our ride-alongs. I've only had a couple, but it serves as a way to make us want to do the more exciting stuff to show them the 'fun side' of what we do, regardless of the amount of extra paperwork we are subjecting ourselves to. One thing I hate about my job, is the amount of paperwork I have done by the time shift change rolls around.

Kind of sucks that you just limited your meal options while you are working a little bit, but I'm sure he won't be working there much longer once his boss finds out he was arrested for possession. . . At least I would hope he would get fired.

1994 Pontiac Formula-PPM, LT1/T56, BBK Stainless Shorty Headers, Magnaflow cat-back, 17" C6 5-spokes.
    Coming Soon: Full UMI tubular suspension, UMI STB, Eibach ProKit coils, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, and a tune.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Well I remember in the academy... they told us, "this job is 10% hands on, and 90% paerwork".... they were not lying!

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast