Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Status

I took this when I was on the stock GM tune..

InActive Member

Status

Cool, maybe they'll have it worked out by then

-94 Z28 355 M6 24X E-85 21* TRICKFLOWS TH400 S60
    C5 Z06 IN ROAD RACE TRIM. COMING SOON

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
    That's the cool thing about the 93 is you can do real time tuning (emulation) with this program which means you can make actual tuning changes on the fly.
    Note of caution here: 93 ECM's do NOT like being tuned on the fly. There's a little resistor in them that overloads in there and bricks the ECM for approx 15-30 minutes when it goes. Learned this while working with Alvin from PCMForLess on one of my 93's at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

InActive Member

Status

This is pretty interesting!
    Last edited by 1badz; 03-21-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    1993 A3 Z28 (oversized ornament)

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Note of caution here: 93 ECM's do NOT like being tuned on the fly. There's a little resistor in them that overloads in there and bricks the ECM for approx 15-30 minutes when it goes. Learned this while working with Alvin from PCMForLess on one of my 93's at the time.
    I talked to alvin a few months back and he said he hasn't had any problems lately real time tuning them.

What were you using when it happened?
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pr0jekt View Post
    I talked to alvin a few months back and he said he hasn't had any problems lately real time tuning them.

What were you using when it happened?
    Shit you would ask me that. I want to say that Alvin was using a Moates Roadrunner emulator piggybacked on Tunercats RT at the time.......but I can't be sure. This was about 4-5 years ago now. It's quite possible that technology has been more kind to the 93's stuff since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Haha damn you.. remember such things :-P

I think it was the ostrich that he says he hasn't had any lockup problems with
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

InActive Member

Status

I'm having trouble setting up my dash. It only shows one gauge instead of the 4 I made.. How do I do this?
    1993 A3 Z28 (oversized ornament)

InActive Member

Status

Ryan, I been emailing Mark about the problem and hes working on it. He fixed the tables being called "functions" and not all showing up.

I just opened the stock 93 bin you sent me and the tables display fine and look to be all there.

Problem is, its still showing zeros for the values, so I'll see what he says about that.

1badz, you probably have that one gauge covering the whole dashboard, make it smaller and you should be able to see both of them

For positions do Top 0 left 0 bottom 50 right 50 on one gauge, then the other do Top 0 Left 50 bottom 50 right 100 and you should see gauges, covering the top half of the screen, beside each other.

The 2 more for the bottom would be top 50 left 0 bottom 100 right 50 and top 50 left 50 bottom 100 right 100, and so on.

InActive Member

Status

I threw my dashboard up here for you guys just getting started. http://forddieselpower.com/grfiles/nightdash.txt

Download that text file and there is code for 2 dashboards in there. You will need to edit your EE_Manual.adx or EE_Auto.adx files (which ever you have) to install this.

Open the .adx file with notepad.

If you have already created a dashboard, right after </ADXHEADER> you will see <ADXDASHBOARD> followed by a bunch of code.

If you already have a dashboard and want to use the ones from the text file you have downloaded, simply paste the code between the <ADXDASHBOARD></ADXDASHBOARD> tags. DO NOT paste the entire thing in there because there then be two sets of opening and closing tags and could cause problems.

If you do not currently have any gauges added to the dashboard. Simply copy on of the ones from the text file including the <ADXDASHBOARD></ADXDASHBOARD> tags, and paste it directly below </ADXHEADER>

There are two on the text file, the first one has a coolant temp gauge, the second one replaces the coolant temp gauge and makes it a Power Enrichment mode status indicator.

Then to see the dashboard AFTER you have it pasted into the adx file, you will need to save the .adx file you just edited in notepad then go to tunerpro and go to Acquisition > Load Definition File then navigate to the EE_Manual.adx or EE_Auto.adx file you just edited and select it.

Now when you want to EDIT the gauges on your existing dashboard, go to Acquisition > Edit Definition > Dashboards > Select the dashboard you want to edit (you can have multiple) in this case it will be called "NIGHTDASH".

Let me know if you have requests for custom dashboards and I'll see what I can do.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast