Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyWhtSS View Post
    You can't call all of that forced induction though. EGR/Airblockoff's went on my Header Install Spread Sheet.

Only things I'd consider "forced induction" is the lower end (forged internals, low compression pistons, etc.) and anything related to the forced induction (tubro, bov, downpipe, intercooler, alcohol injection, etc.)
    But if you don't have those things and it's part of the build. Nuff said.

Wife knows, is aware, and lets me be thankfully. She also knows that last year alone over 10K went into the Vette and another 5K into the Celica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    No his is called done right. sure you can get it done cheaper but they have a saying. cheap, reliable, and fast. you can only have 2

my build is up around the exact area $ wise

Cool, so with that "no" as a response to my comment are you saying mine is not right?

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status

Jeez...thats alot. You could be driving around a z06. I just started on mine and Im keepin track. $2900 so far lol

I got lucky I bought my car from a stupid rich kid, he had about $11k in it. He missed a gear spun a bearing and said the hell with it. Best 2 grand I ever spent.
    Bryan
    1994 B4C "Special Service" Camaro - Stock LT1 - 6 speed - 46k miles - Madz28 Tune - 307/340 sae
    LT4 Clutch - Delteq Ignition - K&N CAI - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Unbalanced Engineering/Koni Suspension
    LS1 Brakes/Drive Shaft - T2R Diff - 373's - much more...

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    But if you don't have those things and it's part of the build. Nuff said.
    Sure... but once you get that kind of mentality then you can say... "for the blow off valve i need the turbo for which i need the forged 383 for which i need the car for which i need the garage for which i need the house for which I need a family."

Your $200 BOV just costed you $400k.

I guess I like to see upgrades in small packages rather than look at the overall cost of the car, which seems to be what your spreadsheet is. Which would lead me to my next question, why isn't your car added to that.

FWIW, I've spent 10% of that in modifications and maintenance to my car, and my car is practically stock. This isn't counting any registration/renewal or gas costs. I also probably lost a few receipts along the way.

I hear what you mean though... The average consumer probably thinks... "$3.5k for a D1SC... not bad" *order* then they pay for installation, then the engine goes out, etc. etc.
    Last edited by KissMyWhtSS; 02-11-2010 at 08:04 PM.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BLK95-Z View Post
    Jeez...thats alot. You could be driving around a z06.
    Does a 760 RWHP TT C5 Vette work??

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyWhtSS View Post
    Sure... but once you get that kind of mentality then you can say... "for the blow off valve i need the turbo for which i need the forged 383 for which i need the car for which i need the garage for which i need the house for which I need a family."

Your $200 BOV just costed you $400k.

I guess I like to see upgrades in small packages rather than look at the overall cost of the car, which seems to be what your spreadsheet is. Which would lead me to my next question, why isn't your car added to that.

FWIW, I've spent 10% of that in modifications and maintenance to my car, and my car is practically stock. This isn't counting any registration/renewal or gas costs. I also probably lost a few receipts along the way.

I hear what you mean though... The average consumer probably thinks... "$3.5k for a D1SC... not bad" *order* then they pay for installation, then the engine goes out, etc. etc.
    And I see what you're saying. But take it like this too: I was running ASM emissions headers o the car, so everything was hooked up. I NEEDED the block off plates because the turbo kit doesn't have provisions for the EGR/AIR. Thus, they were a necessary cost in the build. If I had done them at some other point, they woudn't be listed. I never said it was an all inclusive list, but a real world cost for myself, ymmv. I could have gotten by without a LOT of the stuff on the list, but this was a carefully planned and meticulously executed build that is attempting to take into account all facets possible.

Xtreme Member

Status

Does a 760 RWHP TT C5 Vette work??
    even better lol damn dude
    Bryan
    1994 B4C "Special Service" Camaro - Stock LT1 - 6 speed - 46k miles - Madz28 Tune - 307/340 sae
    LT4 Clutch - Delteq Ignition - K&N CAI - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Unbalanced Engineering/Koni Suspension
    LS1 Brakes/Drive Shaft - T2R Diff - 373's - much more...

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

And I see what you're saying. But take it like this too: I was running ASM emissions headers o the car, so everything was hooked up. I NEEDED the block off plates because the turbo kit doesn't have provisions for the EGR/AIR. Thus, they were a necessary cost in the build. If I had done them at some other point, they woudn't be listed. I never said it was an all inclusive list, but a real world cost for myself, ymmv. I could have gotten by without a LOT of the stuff on the list, but this was a carefully planned and meticulously executed build that is attempting to take into account all facets possible.
    Fair enough. I just found that (emission blockoffs) as one of the easiest things to consider non "force induction" dependent, but if they were required when switching from your previous exhaust setup to your turbo headers they should be factored in.

The way I mod is with a set goal... though that goal may change some I have a good idea where I'm going. For example. Few bolt-ons --> Full Exhaust / Intake --> Heads/Cam Swap --> Built bottom end --> etc.

Luckily for me, school is expensive so I haven't invested too much into my car. Part of me is unsure if I should as I'm not really sure if I want to keep it for a LONG time or if I'll end up buying something new once I graduate.

-Eric
    1997 Camaro SS # 2703 - Full exhaust, brand new suspension, bolt-ons, etc.
    2004 Silverado
    Z71 - Airraid, Corvette Servo, 33" AT's, leveled, etc.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Admittedly this is pretty much an all at once build. The Strange 12 bolt is about the only part that has already been on the car, but it was bought with intent for the build and just happened upon at the right time for the right price. This could have easily been broken up into stages, being the Turbo part, then the shortblock, then the nice valvetrain/heads, ect, but I find it more gratifying to do it all at once.

InActive Member

Status

Built motor used-2500 (rebuild after 2 years 1000)
    Turbo-400
    BOV-100
    synapse wastegate-120
    hot/cold/header piping-400
    V-bands-100
    snow performance meth kit-220
    turbo cam-350
    AFR 190s ported-1200
    turbo blanket-175
    Megasquirt-350
    custom 3in driveshft 550
    9inch rear-2000
    Built TH400-600
    Convertor-700
    single plane-350
    fasy 4bb throttle body-600
    extreme velocity hat-190
    60# inj-300
    fuel rails-100
    twin 255 pumps-250
    mallory 685-175
    summit stars 15x10,15x3.-550
    165r front tires-200
    275/50 MT et radials-200
    Cage-250
    griffin rad-250
    darale 4000cfm fans-300
    SCE head gaskets-100
    random gaskets-100

sorry for the shit layout i was just doing a quick reply hahah

I would add around an addition 1000 for all the other stuff i did/need welder paint, fittings, etc

Jay
    87 Iroc-z
    383 Forged LT1 / Garrett 74MM T6 Turbo
    TH400 3600 Stall, Pro-brake, Rev Man V/B / Moser 9" 3.00 Spool
    583RWHP---8psi pump gas

i guess if your building a race car it will cost an arm and a leg... dang, my leg is just now starting to grow back! and it's my weekend worrier/DD
    1995 Firehawk #584 of 671
    385cu.in LT1, Intercooled turbo
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=306

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast