Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default LPP Header Install

I received my new LPP headers yesterday and decided to go ahead and put them on last night. It seems like a lot of people want to know what they look like and how they fit, so I decided to make a post and share my results with everyone. I must say that upon first sight, these headers look awesome. The welds on the primaries and collectors are very nice and the finish like a mirror. The welds inside the primaries where they connect to the flange were ground and smoothed out also. For the most part, these headers were very, very easy to install. I'm sure having a tubular k-member helps, but I've also got a Canton oil pan which takes up quite a bit more space than a stock pan. I also have an A/C delete plate, so that makes the passenger side easy too. To install the driver side, you will have to remove the steering coupler. I would recommend removing the oil filter for some extra room and also the coolant temp sensor from the head so you don't break it.

As far as fitment issues are concerned, I only have two very minor issues with these headers. (1) The #8 primary is touching the frame rail. I'm hoping that since the motor has been out of the mounts and the k-member was recently dropped that I may get some space back after the car comes off the jack stands and a load is put back on the k-member and suspension and the engine settles in the mounts. (2) The #3 primary shrouds the oil filter location making it impossible to install a filter straight up from the bottom. You will have to install the oil filter by going from the side between a gap in the primaries. The other problem with this is that a deep oil filter won't fit that way as well (which is what I use).

So issues aside, here are some pics:

1. Headers and y-pipe: The y-pipe comes in two pieces. There are also 3 clamps and set of gaskets included.

2. Headers only

3. Driver side. Plenty of room for the steering coupler

4. Driver side

5. Driver side

6. Passenger side

7. Passenger side close-up

8. Driver side close-up
    Last edited by Formula383; 01-21-2010 at 08:09 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Formula383 For This Post:

More pics

9. Here you can see how the primary shrouds the oil filter location. A stock replacement filter will fit if you install it from the side instead of the bottom.

10. This shows the #8 primary touching the frame rail.

11. Although the O2 sensor bung is pointed up, there's plenty of room for the sensor here.

12. Plenty of room on the driver side between the primaries and k-member.

13. Plenty of room on the passenger side between the primaries and k-member.
    Last edited by Formula383; 01-20-2010 at 10:27 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Formula383 For This Post:

LTX Traitor

Status

Damn your fast. lol. I really liked mine too. Having a stock member was one of the issues I had. You have to grind some off. and my steering linkage was a pita too. Looks good though, can't beat the look of SS headers.

I also wasn't very fond of the oil filter situation, but I didnt have any problems with it hitting the frame rail. So hopefully that problem will resolve itself.

2003 Mustang Cobra SVT: just an Eaton... 505/525

1996 Trans Am: 52mm Holley, LPP Longtubes, GMMG Catback, 3.73's, PCMforless tune. SOLD

1995 Trans Am: Borla Exhaust, K&N Air Intake, pacesetter headers. SOLD

VIP Member

Status

nice, glad to hear they went in with little issues. let us know about the car when it settles on the mounts. and damn, those things are shiny.

Will do and yes they are a shiny work of art!

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Great writeup Kyle, we need to start saving/stickying some of these

Im kinda split between these and the Pacesetters, going to pickup a set for the Hawk in about a month or so.
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA View Post
    Great writeup Kyle, we need to start saving/stickying some of these

Im kinda split between these and the Pacesetters, going to pickup a set for the Hawk in about a month or so.
    Yeah, for sure. Go ahead and sticky this one if you want. There were just so many people asking for pics and info on these headers, I went ahead and did it.

I haven't ever seen a set of Pacesetters but I can tell you I wouldn't think twice about buying another set of LPP's. Good stuff!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Zed28

those things are a work of art.how much did you get them for?,if you don't mind. just get a relocation kit for the filter.good luck with everything.
    ​jay

Headers were $475 and Y-pipe was $175. Hell my old coated Hookers alone cost more than that!

InActive Member

Status

whats the website, so i can look into grabbing some of these beauties. so if i still have the stock k member will i have some clearance issues?
    New mods coming soon. . .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast