• Navigation
  • boost addict

by Published on 12-11-2010 04:48 PM
    Article Preview

You know those cars from high school that will forever live in your memory? Remember the guy that was so lucky cause he drove this or that? Or the rich kid whose dad bought him the newest thing? Do you ever wonder what happened to those cars? Well, I do and sometimes life throws you some wierd answers to those questions.

Back in high school ('93-'94 ish) I knew that rich kid. Not well, Maybe spoke twice throughout high school. His dad was a doctor and bought the kid a brand new '94 Firehawk. I remember those were the stuff baby! 305hp Ram Air LT-1, SLP tuned, yada yada yada. I also remember they cost more than my own dad made in a year. So no prayer for me. Not a chance in hell. The kid ended up putting a killer system in the car, entered it in stereo contests, put a black racing stripe over the top of the car, and finally ended up putting some awful set of wheels on it. Just awful. One of a kind, had to be. Nobody would make two sets of this monstrocity of an excuse for a wheel. Then I went off to college...and the car disappeared.

Flash forward to winter 2010, on a Friday night about 10PM after a lovely night out with my beautiful wife (If you've ever seen me, you know that I am a lucky man 'cause I ain't no prize...and my wife must be blind). Anyway, I jump on craigslist as a way to wind down and start cruising the classifieds. First car on the local list: "1994 Firehawk, 40K miles, Procharged" What? That sounds cool. I'll call. It's 20 miles from where I went to high school and currently reside. I called. Guy explains to me that it does indeed have 40K miles and he bought it with the procharger. He also explains that in the 7 years he's had it...it's never run. Won't start. So he was going to make a race car out of it.

How far did he get? He stripped the interior. Nothing else. Otherwise, everything was there. So I asked if I could come see it...immediately. He explained that he was having a party and didn't mind me coming over, to the hood...I mean to the HOOD. So I grabbed an old buddy I went to high school with, 4 guns, a tazer, some cash, turned my hat sideways and headed off. Yea, I blend.