PDA

View Full Version : Can't get in my glove box

ebeard94lt1
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
When i bought my 94 camaro car a few months ago i couldn't get the handle on the glove box to pull. I two different key ( the ignition and the hatch and door handle one) one would turn it but it just wouldn't release. I actually broke the handle off... now i'm screwed. Anyone else have this problem?

popo8
12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I had the problem with the 95 that I had bought for my ex... ended up picking up another glove box cuz unlike you I broke the glove box trying to force it. Just cleaned the lock, greased the latch, installed the properly keyd lock in the new door, and re installed.... FIXED.

ebeard94lt1
12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
dang popo haha. I don't really need to use it. I just want to see if there is anything in it. I'm pretty sure the car has had a crappy maco paint job. I am looking for the reciept. Don't they repaint stuff for free? Mines chipping

popo8
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
dang popo haha. I don't really need to use it. I just want to see if there is anything in it. I'm pretty sure the car has had a crappy maco paint job. I am looking for the reciept. Don't they repaint stuff for free? Mines chipping

I have never had anything painted by Macco so I am not sure....

mmd8x28
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
My B-Body glove box doesn't open either.. Actually, the key will turn only a little then slowly stops like it's sticky. I can force it open, but the hinge ended up breaking. I now zip tie it shut, and never open it.. I think my registration is in there, haha.