PDA

View Full Version : Water in hatch area.

rebuilt
03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Popped the hatch on my t/a this afternoon and was greated with about 4-5 inches of water in the area under hatch:((t-top storage if it was a t-top). I haven't driven the car lately and its been sitting outside for about 2 weeks. What are the common areas for these cars to leak? My weatherstrip looks good so I'm lost. The spare tire area is mostly dry (damn broken/leaker power antena:censored:)

joelster
03-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Popped the hatch on my t/a this afternoon and was greated with about 4-5 inches of water in the area under hatch:((t-top storage if it was a t-top). I haven't driven the car lately and its been sitting outside for about 2 weeks. What are the common areas for these cars to leak? My weatherstrip looks good so I'm lost. The spare tire area is mostly dry (damn broken/leaker power antena:censored:)

Lift up the carpet underneath the hatch area and there will be 2 or 3 rubber plugs at the bottom. Pop them out, so the water can drain. You might be able to get them from the bottom, just grab some pliers. Obviously the weatherstripping is shot somewhere. I would bet that it might have to do with whatever angle you have the car parked at. The water is just sitting there and accumulating, then forcing it's way through. It happens a lot in the northern states when the temps get below freezing.

rebuilt
03-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Was parked on even ground. I sucked the water out with a shop vac and had my cousin pull it into the shop at his place. I had him sit in the back of the car while I sprayed it down the hose and it didn't rear its ugly head.

joelster
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Was parked on even ground. I sucked the water out with a shop vac and had my cousin pull it into the shop at his place. I had him sit in the back of the car while I sprayed it down the hose and it didn't rear its ugly head.

It could have been something as stupid as you closing the hatch on the stem of a leaf, which would let a teensy tiny bit of water through. Over the course of 2 weeks, with 3 or 4 rain showers or whatever, that would fill it a bit.